Buy bitcoin with PayPalUse PayPal to get bitcoin gift cards via mail
PayPal recently stopped accepting PayPal payments for Bitcoin purchases, so we had to disable PayPal as payment method. However, you can still order bitcoins from us with all other payment methods we offer!
How can I buy bitcoins with PayPal?
First, we are only allowed to offer PayPal payments for bitcoin gift card orders which are shipped via postal mail to your specified home or business address. (Go here if you want to buy bitcoins directly.)
Buying bitcoins with PayPal is easy:
- Order: Select the amount and number of gift cards you want, enter your name and address and select PayPal as the payment method in the form above. Make sure your address is correct, otherwise you will not be able to receive the Bitcoin gift cards.
- Pay via PayPal: You will be directed to PayPal's regular payment page, where you complete the payment.
- Receive gift cards: Once the payment is approved by PayPal, we ship your Bitcoin gift card order, in most cases on the same day. Depending on the speed of your postal service, you will typically receive the Bitcoin gift cards within 1-3 days.
How do I use the bitcoin gift card once I receive it?
Using the gift card is super simple and only takes two steps:
- Activate the cards. For security reasons, we ship all bitcoin gift cards in a non-activated state, so that there is no money loss when the shipment gets stolen or lost. To activate, just click a link we send you via email, and enter the last 4 digits of the card's serial number. (It is really easy, we explain it again in detail after your purchase)
- Redeem it to get your bitcoins. Once bitcoin gift cards are activated, you can redeem them any time by going to redeem bitcoins. For this, you need a bitcoin wallet. If you do not have a wallet yet, you can get a free wallet at bitcoin.org. (Note: Do not use Bitcoin Core, this wallet is a bit too complicated).
You will receive your bitcoins in your wallet within 1h after redeeming, usually a lot faster.
Why should I buy gift cards with PayPal at bit4coin?
- 1. You can use PayPal!
- Sounds funny — but actually, it's really difficult for a bitcoin company to offer payment via PayPal. We only managed to do it because of our unique bitcoin gift card solution where we ship the bitcoins in the form of gift cards to your address. If you want your bitcoins faster, we also got you covered here: Buy Bitcoin directly. (There we cannot offer PayPal, but we have 5 other payment methods and you don't have to wait for the gift cards to arrive via postal mail.)
- 2. No account or registration necessary 📪❌
- When buying bitcoin with PayPal at bit4coin you don't need to sign-up — you can buy your bitcoins easily without registration. You don't have to commit to anything, and don't need to remember a password: Only provide name and address, and select the gift card quantities you want to buy bitcoin for. Buy bitcoins as easily as buying anything online, for example a pizza!
- 3. Stable value until you use your bitcoins 💎
- You select the Euro amount you want to buy bitcoin for. Once you complete the PayPal payment, we send you a bitcoin gift card to the specified address. The good thing: Your order is fully protected from bitcoin exchange rate fluctuations until you redeem your gift card. We will always apply the current market exchange rate when you redeem. If you want your bitcoins fast, you can redeem immediately — but if you want your bitcoins later, your value will be stable. A €100 bitcoin gift card is worth €100 until you redeem.
- 4. Transparent bitcoin exchange rate 📈
- The current bitcoin exchange rate is 1 BTC = €8,326.85. bit4coin's exchange rate is based on the euro market average ask rate provided by bitcoinaverage.com. This ensures you always get the latest, fair, and reliable bitcoin rate based on market average, no matter when you redeem your bitcoin voucher.
- 5. Get into bitcoin at your own pace 💺🚀
- Does Bitcoin feel complicated at first? We understand you, the first steps are difficult. That's why we built the initial process as simple as possible. To buy bitcoins on bit4coin initially, you don't have to know anything about bitcoin: Just select the amount you want to buy bitcoin for, and complete the payment. Once you receive the bitcoin voucher, we help you on how to open your first wallet and store your bitcoins. And if you want to learn a bit more about bitcoin first, we have prepared this overview for you.
- 6. bit4coin is around since 2013 with more than 30,000 happy customers 💫
- When you buy your bitcoins, you want to make sure you use a trusted partner with experience in the market. bit4coin has started operations in 2013, launched by a team of professionals from banking, consulting, and IT. More than 30,000 customers are trusting bit4coin with their bitcoin purchases. Many of them have bought their first bitcoin ever here at bit4coin!
Questions about Buying Bitcoins with PayPal
- What if I don't receive my order? Will the money be lost?
- First of all, we're sorry — this shouldn't happen. Second, don't worry! We ship all cards in a non-activated state, so no money is lost. If you do not receive your gift card after 1 week, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then either cancel the order and give you a full refund, or re-send the gift cards. Of course, both options will be free of charge for you.
- What are the order limits, how much do you charge, and which exchange rate do you use if I buy bitcoins with PayPal?
- The limit per order is €500. You can decide yourself how to reach the limit, for example 5x €100, or 20x €25, or any other combination of cards. Regarding fees, unfortunately, PayPal fees are quite high, and in addition we need to pay for (global) shipping, printing the cards, and handling. That's why we need to charge 8% on the exchange rate, as well as a fixed €3 shipping fee. bit4coin's exchange rate is based on the euro "market average ask rate" as provided by bitcoinaverage.com. This ensures you always get the latest, fair, and reliable bitcoin rate based on market average, no matter when you redeem your bitcoin voucher. The current rate is 1 BTC = €8,326.85.
- But I want to buy bitcoins directly?
- If you want to get your bitcoins cheaper and faster, you can buy them from us here: Buy Bitcoin directly. For direct orders, we unfortunately cannot offer PayPal as a payment method, but you will have up to 5 other payment options to choose from (depending on your location).