Use policy and verification
Use of our website and vouchers
bit4coin’s vouchers are intended to be used by individuals that exceed the required age of 18 years for:
- buying digital currencies for personal use
- buying individual vouchers as a gift for others.
bit4coin’s vouchers may also be purchased by companies upon prior agreement with bit4coin to:
- give the vouchers to employees, business partners, or users
The following use of bit4coin’s vouchers is not allowed:
- directing individuals to our service as a means for you to accept payment in digital currency
- redeeming our vouchers on behalf of third parties
- reselling of bit4coin vouchers (online or offline), unless specifically agreed upfront in writing with bit4coin
- exchanging bit4coin vouchers into funds or using our vouchers as a means to pay for other services
- using bit4coin vouchers to fund accounts of online (trading) platforms.
Our terms and conditions provide additional details on how to use our website.
Order and verification process
As soon as we receive the payment for an order we will:
- acknowledge acceptance of the order by email
- review the order in line with our compliance policy
- send a verification request by email where applicable
- review the KYC-information within 1 business day after submittal of the complete documents
- approve and prepare the order for delivery.
Digital currencies will be sent to the receiving wallet address as provided to us on our redemption page. Digital currency transactions cannot be reversed, exchanged or returned. bit4coin gift vouchers remain valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.
Limits and enhanced due diligence
We usually request proof of identity for all order amounts above €50 per week. The process requires customers to provide the following verification information:
- A copy of the customer’s passport or identity card (upload both sides) in high resolution (your social security number, SSN may be hidden);
- If an identity card contains address details, then it may be accepted as "proof of address". Otherwise customers need to submit a recent document with the address of the customer (e.g. a utility bill that states the name and address in clearly visible letters).
In addition, bit4coin’s compliance team may request additional information (such as video identification) even for customers below the stated limits if transactions appear to contain risk.
If for any reason the customer refuses to provide the requested documents, bit4coin will unfortunately have to cancel the order and refund the full amount to the customer’s bank account. In these cases, bit4coin will request verification for any future order amount.
bit4coin offers accounts for businesses. The account validation process follows a stringent customer identification procedure via business registration and incorporation documents, as well as identification of the business’s authorised representatives and ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs).
Issues relating to fraud and enquiries by authorities can be emailed to: email@example.com